Skip to main content

Chabot Concurrent Enrollment

Home → Academics → 
 → Chabot Concurrent Enrollment

Related Links

Chabot Admissions
Chabot Admissions


May 20 is the last day Seniors must have completed a "make-up" class for graduation, including Cyber High, BYU Independent Studies or Chabot courses.


Students who take community college courses have the option to add those courses to their HUSD transcript.  Procedures vary for the 3 types of Chabot courses:

1) Articulated Courses (e.g. Entrepreneurship, Sports Medicine). 
For students who earn an A or B grade, HHS counselors will provide the student with a copy of this transcript and a Chabot Transcript to HUSD Transcript form to complete if they'd like this grade to be put on their HUSD transcript.

2) Chabot Classes @ HHS after school (Middle College/Bridge to College)
For students who earn any grade in this course, HHS counselors will provide the student with a copy of this transcript and a Chabot Transcript to HUSD Transcript form to complete if they'd like this grade to be put on their HUSD transcript.

3) Chabot Classes @ Chabot: Students will have to request an OFFICIAL transcript from Chabot and provide this to the HHS Registrar if they'd like this class to be entered on their HHS transcript.

Chabot College provides opportunities for high school students to enroll in college-level, degree-applicable courses for advanced scholastic or advanced vocational purposes. Students who desire to participate in concurrent enrollment must be recommended by their counselor and have written parental permission. Concurrently enrolled students will be permitted to enroll in no more than six units per semester or two classes. The students will be treated as regular college students and are expected to comply with all college rules and regulations. 

Chabot Dual enrollment @ HHS

Looking to take a Summer or Fall 2020 course at Chabot?  Come back here at the end of March when the schedule of classes, forms, etc. will be available.

How to enroll at Chabot for Spring 2019  (deadline to be posted here soon):

PHASE I: Meet with your HHS Counselor during non-classtime and do the following:
A. Discuss which course(s) to take and get your HHS transcript (needed for step 2).  
View Chabot HUSD Course Equivalencies   

B. Complete the 
Recommendation for Concurrent Enrollment and Release of Personal Information form (SPRING 2020)

C. View the schedule of Chabot courses to see when the courses you want are offered (days/times).  Try to choose Chabot ICETC courses which can count for transferable credit to CSU/UC.
Please note:
Thursday classes are indicated with the letter "R".  
1 Chabot unit = 3.3 HUSD units, 3 Chabot units = 10 HUSD units (one year of HUSD course)

PHASE II: Go to the HHS College & Career Center (Room C-X) and do the following:
 A: Apply for admission at Chabot      
View this doc for application instructions
Please visit the College & Career Center during non-class time, preferably on a Thursday right after Pd. 6 to complete your online Chabot app.

PHASE III: Go to Chabot and do the following:

A. Submit all required forms (Concurrent Enrollment form, Release of Personal Information form, and transcript) in one packet. Packets may be submitted in-person at the Admissions and Records Office in Chabot building 700 or by mail (Chabot College, ATTN: Concurrent Enrollment, Admissions and Records Office, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545).   View hours of operation.

B. You will be sent a notification of the status of your recommendation. If approved, you will be assigned a registration date.

PHASE IV: Go online and choose your class(es) if there's space

A. On your provided registration date, log in to Class-Web with your W# and your pin (your 6 digit birthdate for the first time- then the system will prompt you to change your pin to a new 6 digit number).  Register for your class(es) using the CRN# on your concurrent enrollment form.  Chabot courses are typically very full and high school students get last priority so it’s advisable to pursue various possibilities.  Some courses maintain wait lists. 
B. Check with your instructor as to the deadline to drop the course without it being on your transcript should you choose the class is not right for you.

Note: Assessment procedures have changed.  Assessment testing is no longer required to take English, Math and other Chabot courses. However, students wishing to take English or Math are encouraged to follow "guided self-placement" recommendations.  Please view the Chabot Assessment Center website for more information.  

Chabot Concurrent Enrollment @ Chabot (Spring 2020)

Anthro 12 @ HHS (spring 2020)magic/religion/witchcraft/healing (CANCELLED)


Students in this course can earn Transferable College Credit (CSU; UC) .

Forty students must be enrolled by December 6, 2019 in order for this course to run.

Bridge to College Parent and Student Orientation at Chabot College will be the week of January 15, 2020 from 6-7:30pm.  (details tbd)

Start Date

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 (tbc)


Tues 3:35 - 5:55

End Date

Thursday, May 28, 2020


Thur 3:30 - 5:20

Days of Week Tuesdays and Thursdays Location

Hayward High School Rm D-4 


3 units

UC/CSU Transferable

Ages Eligible

all HHS students 9th-12th (2019-20 school year)

Instructor: Espinoza

Complete the form above or click here to enroll before the December 6, 2019 deadline.


The deadline to drop the class without penalty is February 7, 2020.  


Who to Contact

HHS Counselors

Paul Gonsalves
HHS Chabot Concurrent Enrollment Liaison

Imani Alexander
HHS YEP Coordinator
Chabot Concurrent Enrollment @ HHS
(510) 723-3170 Ext. 61261

(510) 935-1107 cell

Michael Lai
Concurrent Enrollment Specialist
25555 Hesperian Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94545
(510) 723-6779

How much does it cost?

High school students are not charged the units cost for Chabot courses.  However, high school students must pay the mandatory $3 mailing fee and $14 health fee ($17 total) plus any required books and/or materials.

Undocumented/AB540 students are not eligible for free tuition since they have not yet graduated high school (a pre-requisite of AB540) but they may apply for Reclassification from NonResident Tuition Status Form so they don't have to pay for the concurrent enrollment class.

Wanna save $ on books?  Try buying a used book at the Chabot bookstore or on Amazon.  Also, check out Staples Book Rental.