Skip to main content

Senior Webpage

Graduation, Class of 2019

Graduation is on Tuesday, June 11 at the Football Stadium at Hayward High School. Graduation starts at 6PM. 

An email was sent out to all seniors and guardians with information about Stadium Regulations and Cap Decoration Form (due May 31st to Mr. Seymour).

Cap and Gown ordering information

This year you will have an option to not purchase a cap and gown and borrow one instead. For more information and access to the order form click here

If you want to purchase your cap and gown, please note the following:

  • The price is $27.75 plus tax.
  • You can purchase this online. This is the easiest and most convenient way.
  • You can also purchase this in person, next Friday, January 18 during lunch outside the cafeteria. Our Josten's representative will be here taking orders. They accept cash, check or credit card. Please look over the order form. Make sure you fill out your height and weight.

If you choose to borrow a cap and gown, please note the following:

  • You will receive the borrowed cap and gown 2 days before graduation.
  • You will not be able to decorate your cap and gown.
  • You will be required to turn it in the same condition the next day when you pick up your diploma. Your diploma will not be issued if you have not turned in your borrowed cap and gown. 
  • You will still need to fill out the order form and check option #2.

Other Options:

  • You can borrow a gown from a sibling or friend. There is an option to only buy the tassel or cap/tassel on the order form. The gown must be black or gold. 

If you have any questions, please see your Assistant Principal.


If you have not turned in your Senior Contract, you may be on probationary status.

If you lost your senior contract, click here to get a copy. Print out the third page, collect all required signatures and turn in to Ms. Aranda in the main office. Ms. Aranda has a few contracts left, so you can check in with her.


Concerned you are on Probationary Status? Check your HHS email to see if you have received an email from Ms. Velo. Or feel free to email Ms. Velo,, to ask. Below are the many ways you can get into probationary status. 


Once you are on Probationary Status, it is your responsibility to check in with Ms. Velo and have a conversation with her about how to get off of Probationary Status. Remember that you are not allowed to participate in any activities while on Probationary Status.


Who to Contact

Miroslaba "Lili" Velo-Egonmwan
Assistant Principal
Ext. 61106
(510) 723-3170


Senior Class Advisors:
Jennifer Gonsalves

Rick Charles

2018 - 2019 Senior Class Officers:

President:  Julia Iskander

Vice President: Diego Gonzalez

Secretary: Kennedy Petty


Senators: Ryan Kelly-Duenas, Jazmin Palma-Alonzo

Related Resources

Letters of Recommendation

Do you need a letter of recommendation for financial aid or for private colleges?  It is advisable to ask your counselors and/or teachers for letters of recommendation at least one month before it is due.  Students should make this request directly in person.  To assist your recommender in writing your letter of recommendation please complete a Senior Profile and give it to your recommender when you make your request.

Need a Transcript?

Counselors can provide students with unofficial transcripts.  The Registrar can provide students with an official transcript.

Unless otherwise requested, UC and CSUs do not want a transcript until after the end of the Senior year.  All Seniors are provided a "Senior Clearance Card" a week before graduation and, on this card, Seniors can indicate to which college they want their final transcript sent.